10 April, 2006

Eventful Weekend [includes Kidnapping #2]

This Saturday, at noon, the Nebraska suspects [from the Physics lads] kidnapped me for a second time. They told me they'd come for me at noon on Saturday, but that was all they'd tell me -- no location, no activity, no other people involved. What I wasn't expecting was to be :
taken to a kitchen,
told to shut up,
forced to sit in a chair,
tied to the chair,
have my wrists and ankles bound,
and left there.

The stove was on already, so I burned the ropes off [burning my wrists in the process]. Since I figured this isn't a normal, cool thing, I decided to go for help. I was right by the stables [yes, we do have horses boarded here on campus], so I saddled up a horse, since I had no car keys and the car was not conveniently there anyway. The horse wasn't familiar with me, however, and balked, sending me falling down a ravine, where I hit my head, rendering me unconscious. Fortunately, I was rescued by three guys, and after I recovered, I made my [apparently] famous apple pie for them.






Oh, did I mention that one of my rescuers was the Lone Ranger? Or that the Nebraska suspects took me to the campus student dj-ed radio station, where we read a Lone Ranger transcript on air with the hosts of that hour? My name was Clarabelle Hornblow, complete with impromptu accent, thank you very much.

Afterward, the hosts interviewed us about various things; my creepy memory came up during my interview, so that was interesting. I had a good time of it.

Later that Saturday afternoon, I glanced out my window, and thought I saw, for the briefest of moments, the Stud. Some of you may remember the Stud from way back when in posts. He doesn't go to my college, but his does compete against mine in track, and he's out for track for the first time. Moreover, I thought I saw him walking with a young lady, Jackie, who went to his high school and goes to my college, who is also in track. The guy and girl I saw -- the girl had the same hair as Jackie, and a very similar build. The guy had the same build as the Stud, the same hair, and was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt with maroon lettering -- the high school colours of Jackie and the Stud. Neither one was turned towards me, and I only saw them for a few seconds.

I flew downstairs to do a casual walk-by toward the other wing. No dice. Not the Stud. I went on facebook and left him a message on his wall, saying I was thinking of him, and asking how he was doing. I did not, at this point, tell him I thought I had seen him Saturday afternoon. He responded with this:

'Nothing too exciting here....no kidnappings
anyway. Staying busy as always. Track is going
great...we've run against your college the past two
weekends (and I've gotten to see
Jackie...yay!). I saw someone that kind of looked
like you at the track meet yesterday. She was
wearing a shirt bearing the insignia of your college,
and she had a clipboard (must have been a statsperson).
Then I realized it wasn't you and that just wasn't cool.
But....if you are home over Easter break I could
avoid that realization and actually see you....?

Ciao,

the Stud'

Needless to say, I found the coincidence very odd. Still, looking forward to hopefully seeing him this next weekend! Speaking of this next weekend, anyone willing to host the 25 Word Challenge?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can try again. Hopefully I won't go off the rails again. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow.

What a fab weekend!

Glad to hear life is going well.

I'll be better about participating this weekend. I'll cheer Fa on.

; )

... Paige said...

Why do you do this to me? Talk about kidnapping then stop posting. I know, its to keep me coming back isn't it.