26 January, 2006

How do I keep busy?

Aside from the homework, the film viewing, the voracious reading, writing, helping people, playing piano, and doing all things blog, email, and IM -- I also draw. [And some people think I only like Mathematics -- ha!] Sometimes, I draw completely from imagination, creating a character in unique clothing/pose, or doing a new hand drawing. These two drawings I did during class; the girl during Computer Science, and my right hand during my Literature class, when we discussed Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe:


Other times, I do a drawing based on a picture from somewhere out there.

Since sometime in December, I've been working, off and on, on a picture still from the movie X-Men. I finished it today. The most frustrating part initially was Ian McKellen's face, as I thought he was the sole favourite actor of the person for whom I was drawing it. Then, I found out Patrick Stewart is his other favourite actor. Patrick Stewart's face, you may or may not agree, is very distinctive, even profile-wise. I'm not completely satisfied with the result, but here it is:


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

wait.. hold.. whoa...

y'all are STILL discussing Achebe? Are you sure you're not focussing your entire college career on this one work?

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Wonderful work and another talent.. Give it all up and become an artist, they're excellent ;o)

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that you'll know what I think of your work soon enough ;)

[insert mysterious giggle here]

Lolly said...

Wow! WOW!

null said...

Ooooh they are so lovely!

WitNit said...

Excellent drawings! Do you play piano with as much skill? Do you compose?

Lolly said...

I love "hand" drawings and photographs. I've tried to draw some hands before, but they're hard! I'll probably just work on the photographs.